Digitalisation is spreading fast and having an impact on all professional sectors. A good leader must ensure that his or her organisation keeps pace with the latest technological changes. Fast and ground-breaking changes are forcing organisations to develop new capacities and modify their organisational culture.
These essential strategic choices are, in turn, having an impact on workplace organisation, human resources and information management, the deployment of new products and services, and, additionally, organisations’ communications strategies and methods.
IT project managers are experts possessing not only technical IT skills (development, programming, database management, network security and administration etc.) but also financial (production and management of a budget) and managerial (team management) know-how. IT project managers also have communication skills allowing them to translate customer needs into concrete IT solutions and to meet the requirements of the various departments within their organisations. IT project managers are active at all stages of a project, from planning to implementation and monitoring.
- Digital project manager
- Project manager (contractor)
- Project leader
- Digital consultant
- IT project manager (client)
- Project manager
- Strategic planner
- Technology monitoring officer
- Be able to lead an IT project and a team
- Be able to define the technical goals of a project (product functionalities) and its restrictions (timeframe, budget and legal regulations)
- Be able to evaluate a project’s risks
- Be able to devise a specific solution appropriate to a customer’s needs and a set of specifications
- Be able to programme in a specific IT language
- Be able to manage each stage of the implementation of an IT project while respecting a budget and deadlines
- Be able to manage relations with engineers, customers and suppliers
- Be able to monitor new technological developments
- Management and leadership of IT projects
- Development of applications and databases
- The IT environment